Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- NJEA, News 12 honor scholar athletes June 28, 2017NJEA and News 12 New Jersey honored 30 of New Jersey’s top graduating seniors at the 20th Annual Scholar Athletes Award Luncheon on June 17 at Pines Manor in Edison. Linden High School graduate Joseph Krempa emerged as the 2017 NJEA News 12 New Jersey Scholar Athlete of the Year and $5,000 NJEA scholarship winner. […] The post NJEA, News 12 honor scholar ath […]
- Stop the Horizon raid! June 27, 2017The post Stop the Horizon raid! appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- NJEA opposed Horizon raid June 27, 2017The post NJEA opposed Horizon raid appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- NJEA Executive Director blasts Sweeney’s cuts to school funding June 26, 2017NJEA Executive Director Ed Richardson joined New Jersey Working Families and a diverse coalition of New Jersey residents opposed to cuts in school district aid and cuts to programs to assist the state’s most vulnerable individuals. Richardson emphasized the need to provide funding for all of New Jersey’s students. He said that Senate President Steven […] The […]
- NJEA announces Soul members of the game June 23, 2017NJEA and the World Champion Philadelphia Soul Football team partnered this season to recognize the NJEA/Soul VIPs of the game. The VIPs were nominated by colleagues and won a table for four in the Field Zone section at a Soul game at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. Their prize packages included free parking, food […] The post NJEA announces Soul memb […]
- Standing up for every school district June 22, 2017On Thursday, NJEA members from around the state joined lawmakers in Trenton to stand up for children in every school district. Earlier this week, top Democrats in both houses of the legislature came to deal on school funding that aims take $46 million dollars in state aid from some school districts and redistribute it to […] The post Standing up for every sc […]
- NJEA: Say no to Horizon raid June 22, 2017Reserves to pay for healthcare, not fix Christie budget NJEA leaders today reiterated NJEA’s opposition to a plan, promoted by Gov. Christie, to raid $300 million from the reserve funds of Horizon Blue Cross-Blue Shield to shore up his final budget. NJEA President Wendell Steinhauer called the move a dangerous gimmick. “This is a short-term […] The post NJEA […]
- NJEA UniServ Part-time Consultant – Region 23/25 (Bergen County) June 20, 2017The post NJEA UniServ Part-time Consultant – Region 23/25 (Bergen County) appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- Student debt workshop for NJEA members June 20, 2017Did you know that there are over 42 million borrowers nationally with student loan debt? Collectively, they owe $1.3 trillion dollars, and the average debt for educators with a graduate degree is $50,000. According to New Jersey Policy Perspective, New Jersey’s student loan debt for college graduates is higher than the national average. In addition, […] The […]
- NJEA Communications Consultant June 20, 2017NJEA announces a vacancy for a Communications Consultant. DUTIES: Under the direction and supervision of the NJEA Communications Director (or designee), Communications consultants shall assist NJEA Communications staff members as assigned in varied activities that may include the following: Working closely with NJEA staff members from other divisions to prov […]
Myth vs. Reality
Are you tired of hearing your neighbors, friends, relatives, politicians and the media spreading misinformation about public education, student achievement, your compensation, and other hot issues? Now you can speak out. Read “Myth vs. Reality” and set the record straight!
- NJEA, News 12 honor scholar athletes June 28, 2017