Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- What is the root of student entitlement? August 22, 2017By Sue DeCaro and Erin Taylor Fear is rampant in our society, on all levels—from children, to parents, to teachers and school staff—and nothing good comes from allowing fear to guide our actions. But what does this look like day to day? Many parents have good intentions and want the best for their children, but […] The post What is the root of student entitl […]
- Resources for teaching and learning post-Charlottesville August 21, 2017“We know what happens when good people remain silent,” NJEA President Marie Blistan said in response to violence incited by neo-Nazis and white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia on Aug. 12. “We will speak and act boldly for the cause of racial and social justice, both as an example to our students and our communities, to […] The post Resources for te […]
- Sustainable Jersey for Schools August 18, 2017The post Sustainable Jersey for Schools appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- NJEA, Thunder honor school heroes August 18, 2017True heroes don’t wear capes or possess superpowers. True heroes make a difference in the lives of children. That’s why NJEA and the Trenton Thunder teamed up to honor some students and their school heroes. The winners are among several hundred students across the state who submitted essays on the topic, “My Hero Works at […] The post NJEA, Thunder honor sch […]
- Belvidere teacher completes cross-county bike ride for cancer research August 18, 2017Averaging more than 90 miles a day, Scott Phillips, a Social Studies teacher from Belvidere High School, joined two friends to cycle across the country to raise awareness about pancreatic cancer. The trio of cyclists rode through 16 states covering more than 3,700 miles in 40 days. These impressive statistics are just a small part […] The post Belvidere teac […]
- Associate Director – Professional Development & Instructional Issues August 17, 2017NJEA announces a vacancy for an Associate Director of Professional Development and Instructional Issues Summary Individuals holding this position report directly to the Director of the Professional Development and Instructional Issues Division. The purpose of this position is develop, plan and implement a variety of activities that will provide members with […]
- NJEA Philadelphia Soul VIP of the game August 16, 2017Rachel Morgan of the Cherry Hill Education Association was recognized as the NJEA Philadelphia Soul VIP of the game August 5. Rachel was nominated by her grade partner Tim Casale (pictured.) Rachel and Tim, joined by Shirley Perkins, a retired New Jersey Teacher enjoyed a VIP game experience which included food, a meet and greet […] The post NJEA Philadelphi […]
- NJEA UniServ Part-time Consultant – Region 17 August 16, 2017The post NJEA UniServ Part-time Consultant – Region 17 appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- New NJEA ad campaign highlights immigrant educator August 14, 2017Statue of Liberty inspires her ESL students NJEA member Julia Crompton is a middle-school ESL teacher in Parsippany-Troy Hills. An immigrant herself, she came to teaching as a second career to give her students the opportunities she was given as a child. Julia’s story is powerful, but it is not unique. Across New Jersey, committed […] The post New NJEA ad […]
- Members for Murphy August 13, 2017Ambassador Phil Murphy is NJEA’s endorsed candidate for governor. Find out why he’s right for public education. Learn more The post Members for Murphy appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
Myth vs. Reality
Are you tired of hearing your neighbors, friends, relatives, politicians and the media spreading misinformation about public education, student achievement, your compensation, and other hot issues? Now you can speak out. Read “Myth vs. Reality” and set the record straight!
- What is the root of student entitlement? August 22, 2017