Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- Setting an example for his students December 15, 2017James Frazier is a security officer at Burnett Middle School in Union. He and his wife Patricia have working in the district for 21 years and live in town. Their own children are Union graduates. James gets to know his students and their families by serving his community. He is a coach and serves as […] The post Setting an example for his students appeared f […]
- NJEA praises Muoio nomination December 13, 2017NJEA today congratulated Assemblywoman Liz Muoio on her nomination as state treasurer and commended Governor-elect Phil Murphy for the quality of his selection. NJEA President Marie Blistan released this statement: “Assemblywoman Muoio is a talented and successful leader who will help guide New Jersey through the many fiscal challenges that the Murphy admini […]
- Murphy win signals era of renewed respect December 12, 2017Murphy win signals end to divisive politics. Having endured nearly eight onerous years of combative governance in the Statehouse, NJEA/NJREA members celebrate the election of Phil Murphy as the 56th Governor of New Jersey, along with his running mate Lieutenant Governor-Elect Sheila Oliver. On Nov. 7, New Jersey voters cast their ballots, soundly electing M […]
- Holocaust Commission to coordinate 2018 summer seminar in Europe December 12, 2017Partial scholarships available for NJEA members The New Jersey Commission on Holocaust/Genocide Education coordinates an annual summer seminar in Europe for New Jersey educators to visit the sites of the Holocaust. The 2018 program will run from July 18 to Aug. 2, visiting Germany, the Czech Republic, Poland, and Holland. Maud Dahme, a member of […] The post […]
- Health benefit rates approved December 9, 2017In August, the School Employees’ Health Benefits Commission (SEHBC) approved rates for the School Employees’ Health Benefits Program (SEHBP), from which many of our retired members received their benefits, for Plan Year 2018. The post Health benefit rates approved appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- Celebrate new beginnings December 8, 2017Last month, hundreds of NJREA members converged on Atlantic City for the annual NJREA and NJEA Conventions. “NJREA: Standing Together, Bridging the Past to Build the Future” was the theme this year, and, once again, retirees demonstrated their ongoing commitment to public education and its place in society. The post Celebrate new beginnings appeared first […]
- New Jersey Hall of Fame, NJEA renew scholarships challenging students to realize their best December 8, 2017The New Jersey Hall of Fame (NJHOF) together with the New Jersey Education Association (NJEA) announces the renewal of the “Arête Scholarship” which each year grants a $5,000 scholarship to a male and a female New Jersey high school graduate. The recipients are recognized at the annual New Jersey Hall of Fame’s induction ceremony. Scholarship […] The post Ne […]
- Nominate a champion of minority rights December 7, 2017NJEA will be accepting nominations for the 2018 Ethnic Minority Affairs & Leadership Image Award beginning Jan. 2, 2018. This award honor members who have been champions of ethnic-minority rights/issues and have significantly impacted education and the achievement of equal opportunity for those facing discrimination due to their ethnicity. Eligibility Mu […]
- Nominate an equality champion December 7, 2017NJEA will be accepting nominations for the 2018 Equality Champion Award beginning Jan. 2, 2018. The award honors members who have been champions in the defense of human and civil rights, and that have significantly impacted education and the achievement of equal opportunity for those facing discrimination due to their sexual orientation or gender identity. T […]
- Discount tickets on Elf the Musical at Madison Square Garden December 6, 2017Get discount tickets to see Elf the Musical at Madison Square Garden. Click here and enter promo code NJEA. The post Discount tickets on Elf the Musical at Madison Square Garden appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
Myth vs. Reality
Are you tired of hearing your neighbors, friends, relatives, politicians and the media spreading misinformation about public education, student achievement, your compensation, and other hot issues? Now you can speak out. Read “Myth vs. Reality” and set the record straight!
- Setting an example for his students December 15, 2017
- Teachers and ESPs may need personal protective equipmentAlthough personal protective equipment (PPE) may at first glance seem better suited to industrial or construction work, many teachers and educational support professionals (ESPs) need to be trained, qualified and have access to PPE to protect their health and safety at work. Teachers and paraprofessionals, especially in science, art and vocational programs, […]