Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- Celebrate National Arts in Education Week August 16, 2018NJEA members are invited to the New Jersey State Teen Arts celebration of National Arts in Education Week on Sept. 13 at the New Jersey Principals and Supervisors Association. Network with professional artists, educators, principals, supervisors, superintendents, school board members, arts advocates and more! Enjoy: Professional networking Hors d’oeuvres and […]
- Meet New Jersey’s 2018-2019 County Teachers of the Year August 16, 2018The post Meet New Jersey’s 2018-2019 County Teachers of the Year appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- Sustainable Jersey for Schools August 15, 2018The post Sustainable Jersey for Schools appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- Penn Quakers salute NJEA members at opening game August 14, 2018The University of Pennsylvania Athletics Department is starting off the 2018-19 school year with a big thanks to educators at its home opener football game. All New Jersey Education Association (NJEA) members and their families are invited to Back to School and Teacher Appreciation Day at the Penn Quakers Football game on Saturday, Sept. 15! […] The post Pen […]
- Meet NJEA’s Leading Ladies August 14, 2018NJEA and the Boss 107.1 FM have partnered to recognize the women making a difference in New Jersey’s public schools June 2018: Fran Dolan from Howell Middle School Fran Dolan is my hero. Not only is she fantastic with her kids as a guidance counselor for many years in the district, she is one amazing woman. […] The post Meet NJEA’s Leading Ladies appeared fi […]
- Sweeney chooses millionaires over the middle class, again August 9, 2018Proposals attack public employees, gloss over state’s obligations A task force appointed by Senate President Steve Sweeney has issued a report outlining a series of proposals. Despite spending several months meeting, Sweeney’s Economic and Fiscal Policy Working Group issued a report that consists largely of rehashed and rejected proposals that target middle- […]
- NJEA UniServ Part-time Consultant – Region 27 (Passaic) August 8, 2018The post NJEA UniServ Part-time Consultant – Region 27 (Passaic) appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- NJEA commends proposed changes to PARCC August 2, 2018Spiller, Miles call for complete transition The New Jersey State Board of Education heard testimony yesterday afternoon on proposed amendments to the Standards and Assessment chapter of the state’s education regulations (N.J.A.C. 6A:8). The amendments, which were recommended to the board by the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) under the leadership […]
- Nominations accepted for ESP awards August 1, 2018At the NJEA Educational Support Professionals (ESP) Conference on Feb. 1-3, NJEA will present the ESP of the Year Award to an NJEA member whose activities reflect the contributions of educational support professionals to public education. The purpose of the award is to recognize an individual who shows outstanding accomplishments in one or more of […] The po […]
- Member Organizing & Engagement Tools July 31, 2018Each year, NJEA offers member engagement tools to help local and county leaders engage their members. This year, you can order these tools by using this order form. Simply place an order by completing the form and clicking “submit.” Last year just over 200 local leaders ordered member engagement tools; orders are first come, first served. […] The post Member […]
Myth vs. Reality
Are you tired of hearing your neighbors, friends, relatives, politicians and the media spreading misinformation about public education, student achievement, your compensation, and other hot issues? Now you can speak out. Read “Myth vs. Reality” and set the record straight!
- Celebrate National Arts in Education Week August 16, 2018
- Stakeholder Perspectives on PARCCThe post Stakeholder Perspectives on PARCC appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
Latest from NJEA Issues & Action
- Gov. Murphy keeps pledge to scale back testing
- Thank Murphy, Sweeney, and Coughlin for a budget that supports public education!
- NJEA Exec. Dir. Ed Richardson: Murphy, Sweeney on the verge of school funding solution
- Districts love laptops but ignore their ergonomics
- When school is out, construction begins