Visit this page to learn about the issues and contact your legislators through email, phone and social media. You can also sign a petition, find your legislative district and sign up to receive text message alerts from NJEA.
- Tell Senators: pass gun safety bills! April 20, 2018The post Tell Senators: pass gun safety bills! appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- Bill attacks collective bargaining rights April 16, 2018The post Bill attacks collective bargaining rights appeared first on New Jersey Education Association. […]
- Bill diminishes benefits for NJEA higher ed members April 16, 2018Sen. Steve Sweeney’s anti-collective bargaining bill passed the Senate on Thursday, April 12. It now heads to the Assembly. S-2455/A-2001 would diminish the benefits of county college employees and retirees by forcing them to switch from the School Employees Health Benefits Plan (SEHBP) to the State Health Benefits Plan (SHBP.) How did your Senator vote? […] […]
- NJEA members get special offer on Philadelphia Soul tickets April 13, 2018As a thank you for your hard work all year long, the defending Arena Football League Champion Philadelphia Soul & NJEA would like to reward all NJEA Members with a special offer! Buy One, Get One Free to any 2018 Soul regular season game! Visit www.philadelphiasoul.com/njea to take advantage of this offer. Multiple games to […] The post NJEA members get […]
- Jack Bertolino Summer Leadership Conference Workshops April 11, 20181. Now That I’m President, What Do I Do? (offered all sessions) PART 2 : 9/28-29 – 1-½ Day Workshop For: New presidents The job of an effective local president is the most challenging you’ll ever face in your association. This workshop is designed to help you identify those challenges, develop strategies to deal with […] The post Jack Bertolino Summer Leader […]
- Attention Yankees fans! April 11, 2018The New York Yankees want to fill their stands with NJEA members! That’s why they are offering an exclusive discount through the NJEA website. You can get up to 50 percent off tickets for you, your family, and friends. The current offer includes April and May games. Check back often because more games will be […] The post Attention Yankees fans! appeared fir […]
- NJEA testimony before Joint Committee commends Community Schools April 11, 2018The Joint Committee on Public Schools met on Wednesday, April 11 on Community Schools. NJEA Vice President Sean Spiller presented testimony to the committee commending NJEA members for taking the lead in Community School initiatives. Guiding community schools is the recognition that schools should be at the center of our neighborhoods and that educational ou […]
- Murphy’s budget address a breath of fresh air April 10, 2018When Gov. Phil Murphy approached the Speaker’s podium in the Statehouse General Assembly chamber to deliver his first budget on March 13, one thing was certain: public employees in general, and NJEA members in particular, would not have to brace themselves for an anti-public education, anti-public worker tirade. For the first time in eight years, […] The pos […]
- Members receive aid for materials damaged in the wake of winter freeze April 3, 2018On January 2, as schools across New Jersey opened following winter break, one school was instead dealing with a soggy mess. In the middle of the freezing night, a pipe burst and water poured into the ceiling and walls leaving four classrooms, a hallway, and staff bathroom at Haworth Elementary School damaged beyond comprehension. Teachers […] The post Member […]
- Nominate your favorite NJEA member to be a VIP of the Game! April 3, 2018NJEA and Philadelphia Soul spotlight members NJEA and the Philadelphia Soul football team have partnered to recognize some of the many dedicated teachers and educational support professionals who make New Jersey Public Schools great for every child. NJEA members can nominate a fellow teacher or educational support professional to be the NJEA/Soul VIP of the […]
Myth vs. Reality
Are you tired of hearing your neighbors, friends, relatives, politicians and the media spreading misinformation about public education, student achievement, your compensation, and other hot issues? Now you can speak out. Read “Myth vs. Reality” and set the record straight!
- Tell Senators: pass gun safety bills! April 20, 2018
- Workers’ Memorial Day: A Time for ActionBy Debra Coyle McFadden You wake up in the morning and get ready to go to work. You check Facebook and Twitter one last time, say good-bye to your family, and walk out the door. You drive to work like you have a thousand times before and then enter your worksite. The difference on this […] The post Workers’ Memorial Day: A Time for Action appeared first on N […]